Lasso vzw cares about the protection of your personal data. In this privacy statement, we want to inform you in a transparent way about the personal data we collect and how we handle them. We do so to guarantee your privacy and therefore handle personal data with the utmost care. Lasso vzw always complies with all relevant laws and regulations, among which the General Data Protection Regulation.
Lasso vzw is responsible for processing your personal data. If, after reading this privacy statement, you have questions about this or wish to contact us, you can do so through:
- Lasso vzw
- Sainctelettesquare 19
- 1000 Brussel
- 02 513 15 90
Who is this privacy statement directed to?
This privacy statement applies to all our current and former members, participants to activities, persons who showed an interest for our activities, services or products, clients and prospects, suppliers.
Why do we process personal data?
Your personal data are processed by Lasso vzw for following non-commercial goals and legal grounds:
- to be able to participate in activities by Lasso vzw (a.o. but not restricted to participants lists); (implementation agreement)
- to facilitate the core activities of Lasso vzw as a networking organisation and to be able to deliver services, among which the facilitating and stimulating of networking between various partners and sectors, through personal and public meeting moments, network activities, trainings, … (justified interest)
- to analyse and improve the offer and content of Lasso vzw (justified interest)
- to send out newsletters and invitations and keep involved parties up to date on the offer and activities of Lasso vzw (justified interest, with the possibility to unsubscribe from newsletters)
- to apply for government subventions (legal requirement)
As far as the processing of personal data happens on a base of consent, you are always entitled to withdraw the given consent.
For the above purposes we can ask, save, collect and process following personal data:
- Personal identity data: name, surname
- With regard to the place of employment: address, phone number, organisation’s website, professional e-mail, profession and job description, education and training, participated activities of an organisation
- Account number & billing data
- Video- and audio recordings: during events organised by us and/or non-commercial partner organisations, video and audio material (pictures, movies, sound recordings, …) can be made, in which you, hence your presence, may figure. This video material is used by the organisation Lasso and her non-commercial partner organisations for various purposes and through various channels, among which websites, social media, publications, … If you do not want to figure in filmed or distributed material, please inform us in writing two days prior to the start of the event.
We use the collected data solely for the purposes that we received those data for.
How do we process personal data?
Lasso vzw collects data as follows:
- the data are received through the concerned party
- the data are received through third parties (processors, partner organisations, staff that registers/processes video and sound material, governments)
- minors: we only process personal data of minors (persons younger than 16 years) if written permission is given by a parent or a legal representative.
Provision of data to third parties
The data you provide us with can be shared with third parties if this is necessary for the implementation of the targets described above.
We make use of third parties for
- taking care of our internet environment (web hosting)
- taking care of a non-public database
- taking care of IT-infrastructure (a.o. IT network, server)
- taking care and spreading newsletters and invitations
- automated data collection (Google Analytics)
We never hand out personal data to other parties with whom we don’t have a processing agreement. With those parties (processors) we, of course, make the necessary agreements to certify the security of your personal data. Furthermore, we will not provide your provided data to third parties, unless this is legally mandatory and permitted.
Additionally we can share personal data with third parties if you give us written consent to do so.
You have the right to revoke this consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing prior to revocation. We don’t provide personal data to parties that are established outside of the EU.
Data Storage Period
Lasso vzw stores personal data no longer than necessary for the purpose they are provided or on the ground of which is legally required. As a general rule personal data are being stored maximally 5 years after the last utilisation.
Your rights concerning your data
You have the right of access to your data and the right to correction or deletion of the personal data which we received from you. Above this privacy statement you’ll find out how to contact us.
Furthermore you can pose objection (protest) our processing of your personal data (or a part of those) by us or one of our processors.
Also, you are entitled to have us deliver the data you provided us to you or to a third party you ordered to do so. We can ask you for legitimization before we honour the aforementioned requests.
Should you have a complaint on our processing of your personal data, we ask you to directly contact us on this. You are of course always entitled to file a complaint with the Privacy Commission, which is the monitoring authority in terms of privacy protection:
Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit (GBA) Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel firstname.lastname@example.org
Modification privacy statement
Lasso vzw can modify its privacy statement. We will announce this modification on our website. The latest privacy statement modification dates from May 25th 2018. Older versions of our privacy statement will be stored in our archive. Send us an e-mail if you want to consult those versions.